Posting Number: CSA-00856P
SDSU rated the #2 Best Employer in the State of South Dakota by Forbes is seeking an individual to join our team as a Boiler Operator.
Job Responsibilities: Keep the heating plant running to provide steam for heating 80% of the SDSU campus and to keep boilers operating with minimum pollution and at maximum efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Boiler operations
• Methods, tools and equipment associated with boiler operations
• Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel) and computer software applications and systems
Skill & Ability to:
• Properly adjust and operate boilers and plant control systems to achieve high operating efficiency and minimal pollution while burning natural gas or oil
• Troubleshoot, calibrate, repair and replace faulty instrumentation and control systems in the heating plant and throughout campus
• Accurately maintain records
• Calculate boiler combustion efficiency
• Safely use tools
• Work alone or as part of a team
• Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
• Lift up to 50 lbs
• Work in confined spaces
• Distinguish color
• Read digital control panels, gauges and meters
• Interpret trend data boiler and plant equipment operation
• Respond to call backs after hours, weekend and holidays during non-heating season
Required License: Valid Driver’s License.
Comments: Rotating shifts including nights, weekends and holidays during heating season, October through May. Work either 7am to 4 pm or 8 am to 5 pm during non-heating season. Mechanical skills are essential. This position is classified as a Building Maintenance Specialist. SDSU is a tobacco free environment. It is the policy of the University to maintain a drug-free environment and to thereby establish, promote, and maintain a safe and healthy working and learning environment for employees and students. This position is subject to South Dakota State University’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy 4:14. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Benefits: SDSU offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee, spouse, and dependents; life insurance; long-term disability insurance; paid holidays; educational assistance; retirement plans; and a generous vacation accrual and sick day allowance.
Advertised Salary: $19.07 – $24.30/hour, depending upon qualifications plus benefits
Work Hours: M-F, 8 – 5, occasional call, rotating shifts during winter months
To apply for this job please visit yourfuture.sdbor.edu.