Website Boys & Girls Club of Moody County
Our Youth Development Specialists are responsible for implementing the 5 key elements of positive youth development: fun, safety, recognition, opportunities & expectations and supportive relationships in their daily interactions with youth.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence within our staff, programs, board and environment
- Leads by example and role models values and behaviors with people and projects.
- Professional in appearance (following Club dress code), confident in word and body language.
- Impact Driven: We believe that every person, youth, and staff can reach their full potential when guided by high expectations and impact driven decisions.
- Hold all youth, co-workers, supervisors, staff, volunteers and one self in setting high goals in behavior and performance. Accountability is taken for own actions.
- Displays passion for what one does within and for the organization.
- Teamwork: By staying flexible and working as a team, we believe we can obtain success in meeting our individual and group goals.
- Does not serve as a ‘sound board’ for negative comments or actions anywhere.
- Gives feedback constructively and takes feedback with an open mind.
- Good Character: We value respect, understanding, honesty, equality, patience and trust.
- Behaviors, attitude and performance are excellent, including when no one is looking.
- Approaches and informs supervisor with any and all concerns first
- Attend 100% of monthly all staff meetings, biweekly one on one meetings and biweekly team meetings.
- Assist your supervisor in creating quarterly performance plan goals and accomplish them by the end of each quarter.
- Provide daily feedback to supervisor on how the day went and how programs and the space can improve.
- High School Diploma
- Commitment to working four days a week
- Commitment to make class schedule for upcoming semester meet the scheduling needs of the Boys & Girls Club (if applicable)
- Commitment to working at the Club during the summer
- Ability to work from 3 pm – 7 pm; Monday through Friday during the school year; availability from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm during the summer.