Website Boys & Girls Club Of the Northern Plains
Great Futures Start Here
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the overall maintenance and cleaning of the Boys & Girls Club facilities. This includes daily maintenance activities, including daily cleaning, deep cleaning, light maintenance and maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the overall Club. This position reports to the Facility Manager and requires communication skills through written and spoken word, the ability to use a computer would be a plus. The Custodian is expected to uphold the Club values inside and outside of the Club. The Club values include teamwork, impact driven, excellence & good character.
· Light duty maintenance: Any item, which can be fixed, replaced and maintained by a screwdriver, hammer, pliers, and crescent wrench, etc. Activities would include assembly, replacing, repairing, painting, and covering. These functions relate to furniture, equipment, doors, switch plates, receptacles, dispensers and toilet lids, hoses, batteries and other equipment used during the usual course of duties. Other activities include assembly, replacing, repairing, painting, and covering. These functions relate to furniture, equipment, doors, switch plates, receptacles, dispensers and toilet lids, hoses, batteries and other equipment used during the usual course of duties.
· Assist the Facility Manager with any outdoor maintenance or project based maintenance.
· 25% of this position will be dedicated to maintenance and 75% of the time is for cleaning and safety.
- Daily Cleaning: Duties include cleaning of tile, sheet vinyl, carpet, and wood floors. This includes sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, and scrubbing of floors. Other duties include cleaning walls, ceilings, overhangs, woodwork, lockers, bathrooms, office areas, windows, furniture, light fixtures, drinking fountains, chalkboards, etc. Included would be the assistance in the application of sealers, waxes, and polishes involved in maintaining the flooring in accordance with the custodian maintenance schedule.
- Deep Cleaning: Quarterly carpet cleaning, annual gym and vinyl floors, bathrooms and other deep cleaning determined.
- Safety and Security: These activities include building and grounds checks and reporting to superiors any unsafe and hazardous conditions or any breaking/trespassing situations by unauthorized individuals. Some of these functions would include locking/unlocking doors, participating in disaster drills, generally securing the building, and ensuring that no unauthorized persons enter any offices or unauthorized areas without prior approval from the Executive Director/CEO.
- An additional activity would be snow removal at the entrance areas and spreading ice melt on sidewalks as needed.
- General Staff Assistance: These activities would include moving furniture and equipment, special “set-ups” or “take-downs” for certain activities, and assisting staff with any special needs.
- Consult with the Facility Manager on matters of supplies, building repairs, staff needs, and equipment.
- Assist in the planning, organization, and scheduling of cleaning and maintaining the building.
- Perform routine facility and equipment maintenance functions, including minor repair, part replacement, and adjustment tasks.
Hours are 5am-1pm
EXCELLENCE: We strive for excellence within our staff, programs, board and environment
Leads by example and role models values and behaviors with people and projects.
Professional in appearance (following Club dress code), confident in word and body language.
IMPACT DRIVEN: We believe that every person, youth, and staff can reach their full potential when guided by high expectations and impact driven decisions.
Hold all youth, co-workers, supervisors, staff, volunteers and one self in setting high goals in behavior and performance. Accountability is taken for own actions.
Displays passion for what one does within and for the organization.
TEAMWORK: By staying flexible and working as a team, we believe we can obtain success in meeting our individual and group goals.
Does not serve as a ‘sound board’ for negative comments or actions anywhere.
Gives feedback constructively and takes feedback with an open mind.
GOOD CHARACTER: We value respect, understanding, honesty, equality, patience and trust.
Behaviors, attitude and performance are excellent, including when no one is looking.
Approaches and informs supervisor with any and all concerns first.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience with maintenance, repairs, tools, landscaping is preferred
Must be of the mental and physical capacity to interact and communicate with staff at the Club to ensure safety of the facility
Understand and carry out oral and written directions, use of a computer is a plus.
Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 50 to 75 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. This type of work may involve ascending and descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and ramps, and will involve walking or standing for extended periods of time.
Perceiving the nature of sound, far and near vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate equipment and use hand tools, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important tasks of this job.
Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by weather may be occasionally experienced.
Ability to operate various types of general office and maintenance equipment
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this job please visit www.theapplicantmanager.com.