Website Brookings School District
TITLE: General Education Behavior Technician
Two years post high school education
Pass all employment screenings
Possess the ability and desire to work with children who need intervention in the regular classroom.
REPORTS TO: High School Principal/Assistant Principal
Supervisor of the Opportunity Room at Brookings High School. The Opportunity Room is a classroom which provides an alternative setting that addresses the behavioral, academic, and social needs of at-risk general education students. Students are offered a structured and supportive environment with one-on-one/small group instruction to help them meet their academic goals.
Requires hearing, hand-eye coordination, mind-eye coordination; ability to carry 30-40 pounds; frequent lifting, sitting, stooping, standing, and bending; frequent keyboarding and repetitive motion with wrists, hands and fingers.
1. Support students academically in an alternative classroom setting.
2. Assist in implementing de-escalation strategies.
3. Model and teach specialized strategies and techniques.
4. Assist students with establishing weekly goals and collect data.
5. Help establish and maintain home-school communication and student-classroom teacher communication.
6. Provide individual or small group instruction and support to students.
7. Supervise student activities, when needed.
8. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Full time hourly, starting at $13.00 DOE, hours to be determined, and benefits provided. Position is a 9 month contract.
This position is responsible to the building principal/assistant principal and the performance of this position will be evaluated by the assistant principal.
To apply for this job please visit brookings.tedk12.com.