Website Brookings School District
TITLE: Behavior Technician
1. Two years post high school education
2. Pass all employment screenings
3. Possess the ability and desire to work with children in need of special education who present challenging behaviors
4. Experience working with children with special needs and behavior disorders preferred
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education
To support implementation of students’ Individualized Education Programs (IEPs); assist in developing and implementing a behavior plan as described in the IEP; assist in the instructional program in an educational setting.
Requires hearing, hand-eye coordination, mind-eye coordination; ability to carry 30-40 pounds; frequent lifting, sitting, stooping, standing, and bending; frequent keyboarding and repetitive motion with wrists, hands and fingers; occasional physical management of students.
1. Support students in alternative and classroom settings to control behavior.
2. Assist in implementing de-escalation strategies.
3. Model and teach specialized strategies and techniques (social stories, peer facilitation, peer training, etc.).
4. Participates in the implementation and revision of student behavior programs and Individualized Education Programs (IEPs).
5. Collect and maintain data on behavior and achievement goals.
6. Assist in preparation and adaptation of instructional materials and behavior plans to enhance student performance.
7. Help establish and maintain home-school communication, including progress reports and other reports determined by case manager.
8. Provide individual or small group instruction and support to students.
9. Administer tests, correct papers, and record grades; prepare instructional materials.
10. Supervises student activities, when needed.
11. Participates in behavior management training as requested by the District.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisors.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org