Website Civil Design Inc
Shaping Ideas Engineering Results
CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts survey activities as directed by Project Engineer or Chief Surveyor.
• Perform location, topographical, construction staking and other related work.
• Use transits and levels in determining lines, corners, elevations, grades, curves, alignment, angles and distances.
• Act as a rod-person or chain-person.
• Record conditions of construction projects using video and still photography.
2. Assist with construction plan layout and design by produce, update and maintain computer aided drafting and design (CADD) drawings.
• Candidate will prepare plans and detailed drawings of utilities, streets, sidewalks, railroads, drainage and of horizontal and vertical alignments.
• Prepare or revise maps, charts and diagrams.
• Process preliminary survey data to be used in construction plan preparation.
• Ability to draft and design detail on projects of moderate complexity
• Ability to make basic calculations used to prepare and maintain accurate engineering records.
3. Organize and maintain a variety of files and reports.
4. Must comply with organizational policies.
5. Perform other related functions as assigned or apparent
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Computer applications of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Trimble and Microsoft Office Products
• The ability to operate survey instruments, cameras, recording machines and computers with various software programs as a member of a survey crew
• Knowledge of the basic principles of engineering as related to surveying.
• Understand and interpret engineering plans and specifications.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and writing.
• Read maps and plans.
• Record field notes and reports on projects in progress or upon completion.
• Photograph construction sites.
Candidate will receive general supervision from the project engineer and chief surveyor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Associates degree as a Civil Engineering Technician, or a related field of study or equivalent experience.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
Possession of valid driver’s license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
Mobility to work at construction sites, climb ladders, and access aerial, buried, and surface construction improvements and facilities for inspection, data collection or construction staking. Ability to work in confined spaces under all normal outdoor temperature conditions as well as in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Full time positions may require some overtime and Saturday work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com