MATERIAL TESTING TECHNICIAN
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducting various job site inspections and quality control/ quality assurance of construction materials, testing and inspection including soil compaction.
• Technician will be responsible for visiting various site locations to test samples, pull samples and report samples.
• Technician must prepare testing reports and forms summarizing test and observation results. Discuss field observations and test results with Project Engineer to ensure project execution, accuracy and timely reporting.
• Knowledge of testing procedures and familiarity with testing equipment.
• Calibration of equipment to AASHTO specifications
- Assist Engineers with construction plan layout and design by producing, updating and maintaining computer aided drafting and design (CADD) drawings.
• Candidate will prepare plans and detailed drawings of utilities, streets, sidewalks, Railroads, drainage and of horizontal and vertical alignments.
• Prepare or revise maps, charts and diagrams.
• Process preliminary survey data to be used in construction plan preparation.
• Ability to draft and design detail on projects of moderate complexity
• Ability to make basic calculations used to prepare and maintain accurate engineering records.
- Organize and maintain a variety of files and reports.
• Develop and organize company drawing standards
• Maintain and organize survey files
- Must comply with organizational policies.
- Perform other related functions as assigned or apparent
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Computer applications of AutoCAD Civil 3D latest versions, Microsoft Office Products and survey specific applications.
• The ability to operate cameras, recording machines and computers with various software programs.
• Knowledge of the basic principles of engineering as related to surveying and drafting.
• Understand and interpret engineering plans and specifications.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Read maps and plans.
• Record field notes on drawings upon completion.
• Photograph construction sites.
Candidate will receive general supervision from the managing partners.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology, or a related field of study or equivalent experience.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
Possession of valid driver’s license.
SD DOT Soils, Aggregate, Asphalt Concrete Hot Mix and Asphalt Concrete Aggregate Tester Certification
APNGA Portable Nuclear Gauge Safety Certification (Preferred)
Troxler – Nuclear Gauge Safety Certification (Preferred)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
Mobility to work at construction sites, climb ladders, and access aerial, buried, and surface construction improvements and facilities for inspection, data collection or construction staking. Ability to work in confined spaces under all normal outdoor temperature conditions as well as in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Full time positions may require some overtime and Saturday work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org