Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
At Daktronics, you’ll experience challenging and meaningful work; you’ll have a mentor who will challenge you to find solutions, take initiative, and develop a strong understanding of Daktronics products, practices, and procedures. We will make sure you have the knowledge needed to be successful to hit the ground running!
We will expose you to multiple facets of the embedded world. You will experience a professional business environment where you can sharpen your problem solving and testing skills, grow in your design abilities and processes. We will do our best to prepare you for full-time employment, so we can confidently encourage you to apply for our positions following the internship.
Internship opportunities available: Mid-May through Mid-December 2021
- Troubleshoot existing designs
- Prototype verification, such as:
- Determine circuit parameters (i.e. ohms, current, voltage)
- Taking measurements with high-speed oscilloscopes
- Create test reports
- Characterize video source components (i.e. cable length)
- Signal integrity testing
- Develop documentation to support designs, fixtures, and procedures
- Develop and support applications using Linux, C, C#, C++, VHDL/Verilog, and/or
- TeraTerm programming languages
- Design and implement test fixtures and procedures
- Complete quality work in a timely manner
- Regularly work scheduled hours
- Perform other projects and duties as needed to meet customer expectations.
- The preferred candidate will be a fulltime student of at least Junior status currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s of Science degree program in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field. Students who will start the internship the semester immediately following undergraduate Bachelor’s degree graduation will also be considered.
- Required to take a semester off from school to pursue the internship. Duration of internship will be a summer and a semester or a semester and a summer.
- Must be able to commit to 40 hours per week.
- Work through the Cooperative Education Internship Program with accredited university and Faculty Coordinator to arrange for credit while participating in this 7-month internship.
- Required GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Unofficial transcripts or web transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this internship.
- Programming knowledge in at least one of the following: “C”, “C++”, “C#”, and “VHDL/Verilog” preferred.
- Preferred course related to coding for hardware, either currently taking and/or completed.
- Good oral and written communication skills, good organizational skills, self-motivation.
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work with odors (solder/coating).
- Follow company policies.
- Work with little supervision.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org