Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Position located in Brookings, S.D with some opportunity to work from a home office. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a full-time student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15-20 hours per week during the academic year and at least 20 hours per week during the summer.
Jump-start your career and put your classroom knowledge to the test in a corporate setting. Our business student roles will provide you with extensive learning opportunities that will enhance your potential.
At Daktronics, you’ll experience challenging and meaningful work; you’ll have a mentor who will challenge you to find solutions, take initiative, and develop a strong understanding of Daktronics products, policies, and procedures. We will make sure you have the knowledge needed to be successful and you will hit the ground running!
We will expose you to multiple facets of the business world. You will experience a professional business environment where you can develop problem solving capabilities, customer interaction skills, and networking abilities. We will help align your talents and interests with our available work, so you may spend time in different teams during your time as a business student. We will do our best to prepare you for full-time employment, so we can confidently encourage you to apply for our positions after graduation.
Business student opportunities exist in these areas:
Business students may gain experience in these areas:
- Communicating professionally via email/IM/telephone
- Working in databases and SharePoint
- Prioritizing work
- Problem solving
- Following procedures and making recommendations for improvements
- Managing small projects
- Financial transactions
- Customer interaction
- The preferred candidate will be a full-time student currently enrolled in accredited Bachelor’s degree program in Consumer Affairs, Business, Economics, Accounting, Entrepreneurial Studies, Advertising, Hospitality Management, or related programs.
- The preferred candidate will be in their sophomore or junior year of school.
- Only strong academic performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered.
- Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
- Unofficial transcripts or web transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this position.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Good organizational skills
- Microsoft office experience preferred
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org