Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
We utilize a temporary workforce to manage our peaks in workload. Our production employees enjoy a stable schedule that runs from Monday through Friday. These positions offer a 40+ hour work weeks with potential for the same or reduced hours continuing into the Fall. We offer overtime pay for hours worked above 40 hours each week. Temporary assignments can last up to 6 months.
Our employees enjoy:
- A welcoming environment with friendly and helpful coworkers.
- Competitive, consistent pay with opportunities for overtime.
- Stable Monday through Friday schedules with no expected hours on the weekend.
- The opportunity to work for an industry leading company.
- Building products shipped all around the world.
General responsibilities include:
- Operate automated equipment and/or perform the modular and technical construction of scoreboards and/or displays, interpret work instructions/technical drawings, safely operate hand tools, and participate in a team.
- Learn Daktronics products, systems, and processes, and produce product in a safe, accurate, and timely manner.
- Be flexible to work in other departments as needed.
- Learn and practice Lean Manufacturing methodology.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet customer needs.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Required to work overtime when overtime shifts are scheduled.
- Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and successfully participate as a member of a team.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, and electrostatic discharge wear. You will be provided the PPE for the required areas.
- Physical requirements include the ability to:
- Work in an environment with these types of smells: paint, solvent, and solder.
- Frequently lift 35 lbs. Occasionally to frequently lift 45 lbs., in some work areas.
- Stand for the full shift with planned breaks. The duration of standing between breaks varies from 2-3 ½ hours depending on work area.
- Work from heights, including working from ladders and platforms.
- Reach in all directions (up, down, side-to-side, and diagonal reaching), including some awkward reaching to insert components in difficult to reach sections of the product.
- Maintain steady hand/eye coordination.
- Identify wire and paint colors.
- Read fine print.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com