Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Daktronics, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing, sales, and service of large screen video displays, scoreboards, and computer programmable display systems. Daktronics excels in the control of large display systems, including those that require integration of complex multiple displays showing real time information, graphics, animation, and video. We maintain offices and subsidiaries worldwide, including locations in Ireland, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, China, and Hong Kong.
This position will work in the finance/accounting department at Daktronics. The finance/accounting team serves Daktronics stakeholders – employees, customers, vendors, shareholders, and community. Our work is focused on enabling Daktronics’ success by being trusted advisors, guiding or supporting company compliance and risk management efforts, being operationally excellent, and developing ourselves and the team. We have the responsibility to prepare accurate financial statements, as well as provide useful financial information to various departments within Daktronics. As part of this responsibility, the accounting department assists in internal control design, subsidiary financial information, and other key business activities.
Internship opportunities available: Start date mid-May with the internship going through mid-December 2021.
An individual in our Accounting Internship may experience the following areas:
- General ledger accounting and SEC reporting:
- Assist with month-end financial close processes
- Journal entry maintenance
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable duties
- Preparation of schedules for SEC filings
- Financial statement preparation and publication
- Assist with financial statement audit and internal control audits
- Cost Accounting:
- Assist with month-end reconciliation process
- Maintain and publish key reports for manufacturing and inventory items
- Assist in analysis of labor and overhead rates
- Prepare analysis by various costing methodologies
- Services Accounting:
- Support monitoring for system and transaction errors and make corrections
- Assist with Services Accounting (billing, warranty accounting, and reporting)
- Other Areas:
- Sales Tax Filing (monthly/quarterly sales tax return preparation)
- Project accounting duties (monitoring under billings)
- Daily cash reporting and internal control testing
- Cash flow monitoring and reporting
Our Accounting intern will be expected to work through the Internship Program at their accredited university to arrange for credit while participating in this internship and submit a written report to the Controller upon completion of internship. They will also need to become knowledgeable of Daktronics accounting operations and products by working on projects that provide a wide range of exposures and learning company policies and procedures.
- The preferred candidate will be a fulltime student of at least Junior status currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree program in an accounting or business related field. Students who will start the internship the semester immediately following undergraduate bachelor’s degree graduation will also be considered.
- Required to take a semester off from school to pursue the internship. Duration of internship will be a summer and a semester or a semester and a summer.
- Must be able to commit to 40 hours per week.
- Work through the Cooperative Education Internship Program with accredited university and Faculty Coordinator to arrange for credit while participating in this 7-month internship, if applicable.
- Required GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Unofficial transcripts or web transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this internship.
- Avid interest in accounting and tax operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Motivated to learn and become proficient in Daktronics specific ERP software.
- Proficient user of general Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Excel and Word.
- Self-motivated, flexible and organized and strong need to work as a team player.
- Ability to travel by air and ground. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org