Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Daktronics, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing, sales, and service of large screen video displays, scoreboards, and computer programmable display systems. Daktronics excels in the control of large display systems, including those that require integration of complex multiple displays showing real time information, graphics, animation, and video. We maintain offices and subsidiaries worldwide, including offices in Ireland, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, China, and Hong Kong, all supported by local accounting professionals.
This position will work in the finance/accounting department at Daktronics. The finance/accounting team serves Daktronics stakeholders – employees, customers, vendors, shareholders, and community. Our work is focused on enabling Daktronics’ success by being trusted advisors, guiding or supporting company compliance and risk management efforts, being operationally excellent, and developing ourselves and the team. We have the responsibility to prepare accurate financial statements, as well as provide useful financial information to various departments within Daktronics. As part of this responsibility, the accounting department assists in internal control design, subsidiary financial information, and other key business activities.
What are my responsibilities?
As a part of the accounting and manufacturing teams, you will focus on accurate financial reporting and financial analysis relating to the cost of production and valuation of inventory.
You will lead and assist manufacturing and engineering leaders in providing financial views for make versus buy analysis, product costing using various cost allocation models, and participate in analyzing factory financial statements and total cost of production, forecast factory spend and utilization, and provide various key metrics and ad hoc managerial accounting reports.
Inventory valuation responsibilities include standard cost rolls, cycle counts, variance analysis, labor and overhead rate development and excess and obsolete inventory analysis. You will also assist with month-end close, financial audits, external reporting, design and testing of information systems or reports and internal control design and testing.
We are looking for a team member which can effectively work with a variety of leaders and teams throughout our global company including accounting, information systems, plant management, manufacturing systems, material managers, inventory supervisors, and sourcing. We are looking for people interested in continual learning and development of managerial accounting and leadership skills. We continually strive for process improvement and value your opinion on how we can execute transactions more efficiently.
Where will I be working?
In response to the COVID global pandemic, Daktronics quickly made the decision to have most employees work remotely. At this time, we plan to continue this practice and may need employees to report to a corporate office a few times per year. This opportunity is open to U.S. based candidates. Exact working hours are flexible, but this position will be based on working during regular business hours in the Central time zone.
What do I need to be qualified?
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting is required. Preference is to have an advanced degree in accounting or a CPA license. You will also need demonstrated experience in the areas listed below:
- Understanding of financial accounting concepts and US GAAP, especially inventory valuation.
- Managerial accounting capabilities to produce information for decision making.
- Information systems understanding, especial ERP and reporting applications.
- Excellent business acumen and strategic thinking.
- Ability to identify, measure, analyze, and interpret accounting information to help managers make decisions.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work both independently and collaboratively on a team.
- Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Continued willingness and desire to learn and be flexible with an evolving workload.
- Strong organizational skills including managing multiple and changing priorities with accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating collaboration with others and effective relationship development.
- Fluent in English with superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to following policies and procedures and maintaining confidentiality.
- Knowledge of, or aptitude to learn, business intelligence software solutions such as Reporting Services, Power BI, and Business Planning and Consolidation software. SQL knowledge beneficial, but not required.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and/or Microsoft reporting and analytical software.
- Ability to travel periodically to other Daktronics locations. Ability to travel by air and ground. Must possess a valid driver’s license and meet Daktronics Qualified Driver definition. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status.