Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Daktronics, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing, sales, and service of large screen video displays, scoreboards, and computer programmable display systems. Daktronics excels in the control of large display systems, including those that require integration of complex multiple displays showing real time information, graphics, animation, and video. We maintain offices and subsidiaries worldwide, including offices in Ireland, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, China, and Hong Kong, all supported by local accounting professionals.
This position will work in the finance/accounting department at Daktronics. The finance/accounting team serves Daktronics stakeholders – employees, customers, vendors, shareholders, and community. Our work is focused on enabling Daktronics’ success by being trusted advisors, guiding or supporting company compliance and risk management efforts, being operationally excellent, and developing ourselves and the team. We have the responsibility to prepare accurate financial statements, as well as provide useful financial information to various departments within Daktronics. As part of this responsibility, the accounting department assists in internal control design, subsidiary financial information, and other key business activities.
Daktronics is currently seeking a Staff Accountant with 0-2 years of experience to join our team.
What are my responsibilities?
As a Staff Accountant, your primary focus will be on assisting with the financial close process including preparation and publishing of consolidated financial statements, preparing various adjusting journal entries, cash reports and account reconciliations, maintaining the general leader, and assisting with financial audits and external reporting. You will also participate in various ad hoc reporting analysis and forecasting activities along with the annual 401K audit.
There will be a strong need for you to effectively work with a variety of teams throughout the company including accounting, payroll, information systems, manufacturing, sales administration, and project management. We encourage continual learning and development of accounting technical skills as well as overall Daktronics and industry knowledge to allow you to be impactful in numerous areas. We also continually strive for process improvement and value your opinion on how we can do things better (following Lean Office principles).
Where will I be working?
In response to the COVID global pandemic, Daktronics quickly made the decision to have most employees work remotely. At this time, we plan to continue this practice and may need employees to report to a corporate office a few times per year. This opportunity is open to U.S. based candidates. Exact working hours are flexible, but this position will be based on working during regular business hours in the Central time zone.
What do I need to be qualified?
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting is required. Preference is to have an advanced degree in accounting or CPA (Certified Public Accounting) designation. You will also need demonstrated experience in the areas listed below:
- Excellent business acumen and strategic thinking.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work both independently and collaboratively on a team.
- Continued willingness and desire to learn and be flexible with an evolving workload.
- Strong organizational skills including managing multiple and changing priorities with accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating collaboration with others and effective relationship development.
- Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Fluent in English with superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to following policies and procedures and maintaining confidentiality.
- Knowledge of, or aptitude to learn, business intelligence software solutions such as Reporting Services, Power BI, and Business Planning and Consolidations. SQL knowledge beneficial, but not required.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and/or Microsoft reporting and analytical software.
- Ability to travel periodically to other Daktronics locations. Ability to travel by air and ground. Must possess a valid driver’s license and meet Daktronics Qualified Driver definition. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status.