Website First Bank & Trust
OVERALL FUNCTIONS: This person works as part of an autonomous team and performs a wide variety of duties related to deposit and payment transactions for First Bank & Trust. This includes processing, exceptions, reconciliation, research, maintenance and support for both internal and external customers. This person may be required to work in the evenings and/or during on-call hours.
QUALIFICATIONS: This person should have an associate’s degree in a business-related field and one year of bank-related experience or the equivalent. Above average customer service skills and the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, to complete a variety of tasks while meeting deadlines. This person should have an aptitude for detail and accuracy and possess problem solving skills.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES ARE TO:
Process ACH and/or Check 21 files with accuracy and attention to detail, as well as understand how the ACH and Check networks operate. Follow the appropriate Rules and Regulations related to file processing and possible exceptions to ensure completion within the appropriate timeframes. Respond to research and maintenance requests promptly. Process credit card applications and maintain a solid working relationship with underwriters. Process credit card payments, as well as respond to customer inquiries and research requests promptly and professionally. Work with vendors when appropriate regarding the credit card portfolio.
1. Monitor day to day activity for ATM fleet. Communicate with Retail staff and vendors as appropriate to ensure ATM functionality. Keep Support Analysts and Supervisor informed of trending issues to be further researched; they are also your contact point for escalated situations. Be engaged with Continuous Improvement initiatives to contribute to process improvements, operational efficiencies, and superior customer service.
2. Perform quality checks of all critical, key daily functions within the department and respond to department emails as appropriate. Assist in reviewing, maintaining, and updating department procedures annually, at a minimum. Strengthen team dynamics by participating in cross-training efforts as needed.
3. Act as a resource for internal and external customers across the organization in regards to deposit accounting functions and applicable regulations. Respond to customer inquiries and requests in a timely manner; assisting frontline staff promptly to expedite resolutions to customer issues.
4. Research, investigate, track, and follow all Regulation E rules, demonstrating accuracy, thoroughness, and orderliness in working ACH disputes and ATM/POS disputes. Respond to customers in accordance with Regulation E timeframes.
5. Contribute to and support Operational programs. Be familiar with and practice the “Be the 1” principles. Actively pursue developmental opportunities as discussed in one-on-ones and/or annual performance reviews.
6. Comply with laws, regulations, and policies that impact the business, keeping the supervisor and department manager apprised of potential issues or areas of concern.
7. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
8. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
To apply for this job please visit www.bankeasy.com.