Website Gevo, Inc
Gevo has a mission to transform renewable energy into low carbon transportation fuels. This next generation of renewable premium gasoline, jet fuel and diesel fuel with the potential to achieve zero carbon emissions, addressing the market need of reducing greenhouse gas emissions with sustainable alternatives. Gevo uses low-carbon renewable resource-based carbohydrates as raw materials, and is in an advanced state of developing renewable electricity and renewable natural gas for use in production processes, resulting in low-carbon fuels with substantially reduced carbon intensity (the level of greenhouse gas emissions compared to standard petroleum fossil-based fuels across their lifecycle). Gevo’s products perform as well or better than traditional fossil-based fuels in infrastructure and engines, but with substantially reduced greenhouse gas emissions. In addition to addressing the problems of fuels, Gevo’s technology also enables certain plastics, such as polyester, to be made with more sustainable ingredients. Gevo’s ability to penetrate the growing low-carbon fuels market depends on the price of oil and the value of abating carbon emissions that would otherwise increase greenhouse gas emissions. Gevo believes that its proven, patented, technology enabling the use of a variety of low-carbon sustainable feedstocks to produce price-competitive low carbon products such as gasoline components, jet fuel, and diesel fuel yields the potential to generate project and corporate returns that justify the build-out of a multi-billion-dollar business.
Gevo believes that Argonne National Laboratory GREET model is the best available standard of scientific based measurement for life cycle inventory or LCI.
Be a part of the team that is building the “Net Zero 1” renewable jet fuel and gasoline production facility!
Gevo is seeking three (3) Plant Process Engineers to join Gevo, to work on the recently announced project currently planned to be constructed at Lake Preston, South Dakota. While the plant is being engineered and constructed, working remotely is acceptable but the permanent position being staffed in the Lake Preston area once construction is complete. This project will Gevo’s first Net-Zero Project and will be named “Net-Zero 1.” Gevo expects that Net-Zero 1 would have the capability to produce liquid hydrocarbons that when burned have a “net-zero” greenhouse gas footprint.
The concept of Net-Zero projects is to convert renewable energy (photosynthetic, wind, renewable natural gas, biogas) from a variety of sources into energy dense liquid hydrocarbons, that when burned in traditional engines, have the potential to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions across the whole lifecycle of the liquid fuel: from the way carbon is captured from the atmosphere, processed to make liquid fuel products, and including the end use (burning as a fuel for cars, planes, trucks, and ships).
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
· The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related field, three
to five (3-5) years of experience in plant engineering.
· Demonstrated mechanical ability.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to follow recipes and/or SOPs using metric and English measuring units.
· Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts and techniques.
· The candidate for this position must be a clear communicator, able to work and think independently, be a team player and willing to work overtime on occasion.
· Flexible work hours and travel (~10% time annually) are required for this position.
Utilizes continuous improvement techniques for troubleshooting plant systems issues.
· Utilizes understanding of interactions between machine, materials, methods, environment, and people to achieve robust operating systems.
· Develops and maintains material balances and unit operation capability information to ensure optimal production rates, parameters, and formulas.
· Provides key technical support in capital projects for assigned site.
· Implements projects as priorities allow for his job function.
· Participate in developing and implementation process control strategy for the processes.
· Conducts capacity studies, enhances system reliability, and identifies/implements productivity improvements including new technologies for assigned site.
· Develops/maintains strategic technical improvement plans for systems in alignment with engineering processes, philosophies, and methodologies.
· Serves as technical liaison for production/maintenance employees, plant technical and management resources, and engineering.
· Develops/delivers technical training for various levels of the organization and serves as resource in cross-functional platform/technology/product teams
· Performs other duties as assigned
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Preparing and delivering information in a concise, accurate and professionally written format
· Preparing and presenting information in an informal setting
· Working in a team-oriented environment
· Analyzing and developing solutions to problems independently and as a team
· Developing and maintaining positive customer rapport
· Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office products
· Self-starter, able to identify errors or areas for improvement, provide recommendations and follow through to completion
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Supplies purchasing and interaction with vendors
· Willing to expand knowledge and skills outside of normal duties
· Ability to manage confined space entry
· Climbing Ladders and Stairs
· Ability to lift 50 – 60 pounds
· Opening Valves
· Occasional bending, twisting and turning while lifting weights of 50-60 lbs
· Use of shovels, brooms, etc.
· Working at heights, in confined spaces and at temperatures from -20 to +100 degrees F.
Gevo offers a competitive annual base salary, a generous vacation package, 401K plan, paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance as well as an annual cash bonus & equity award (subject to Board of Director Approval).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com