Website Harms Oil Company
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Position will be based in Brookings, South Dakota.
The Sale Representative position will have a base salary + incentives based on meeting territory goals.
Harms Oil has been dedicated to providing the highest level of reliable, friendly service to its customers. By investing in quality equipment and quality people, Harms Oil has built important supply relationships with petroleum refiners, and lasting relationships with its customers throughout South Dakota and the surrounding region. While primarily a supplier of gasoline and diesel fuels, we also distribute lubricants, industrial chemicals, and propane.
Harms Oil serves the Northern Midwest of the United States with distribution services that includes Montana, Wyoming, North & South Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Iowa.
This position is responsible for growing business and expanding market share within a given sales territory for Harms Oil Company. The Sales Representative builds relationships with Harms Oil’s new and existing customer base, works through customer operational and business challenges and provides education and updates on industry information. This position is responsible to know the territory, its opportunities and competition. The position is responsible to keep owners and management informed of sales, market findings, and attainment of goals via daily and weekly reports.
Manage a sales territory for Harms Oil within a defined geography.
- Serve existing customer base and establish new accounts by independently planning and organizing sales calls and meetings. Contribute to the team effort by defining personal sales goals and achieving those goals by growing Harms Oil market share within the territory.
- Build customer relationships by maintaining continual communication with customer base. Add value by providing industry and product knowledge.
- Guide problem resolution discussions. Investigate complaints and problems in the field, develop solutions, communicate findings internally, and provide recommendations to management. Serve as liaison between dispatch and customers.
- Provide market and competitive feedback to Harms Oil regarding activity within the territory. Communicate information regarding competing jobbers, wholesale customers for sale, and growth opportunities. Monitor competitive activity and report on pricing, products, new products, merchandising techniques, etc. Recommend changes in products, service and policy based on competitive developments.
- Understand the business model, financial statements, and personal financial position of each customer to minimize credit risk and provide guidance on business decisions.
- Prepare and submit activity and results reports. Present to management daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly annual territory analysis.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Travel within sales territory a minimum of 2-3 nights per week.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree Business, Sales or equivalent. Two to three years customer service, marketing, or sales experience preferred.
- Experience in outside sales, with knowledge of professional selling techniques, prospecting, negotiation techniques, and account development strategies.
- Demonstrated self-confidence and proven presentation skills.
- Excellent ability to think proactively, anticipate customer needs, and create possible solutions.
- Ability to multi-task with conflicting priorities in a pressured environment while still maintaining a customer-oriented demeanor.
- Self-directed and able to prioritize and meet deadlines with professional, quality results.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to effectively handle multiple, concurrent priorities.
- Petroleum industry knowledge preferred.
- Computer skills, with knowledge of basic office systems.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; stand; walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee would routinely be required to drive a car. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job please visit secure.jobappnetwork.com.