Website Honeycomb Gifts
Do anything but let it produce joy!
Job Objective: To assist in daily retail store operations and maintain store inventory and appearance.
- Welcome customers by greeting and offering assistance.
- Recommend, select, and help locate merchandise based on customer needs.
- Provide accurate and knowledgeable assistance with inquiries on product use and maintenance.
- Encourage customer engagement and satisfaction through positive experiences and building rapport.
- Assist in check-out procedures (including handling money, credit cards, gift cards, and checks), bagging purchases, and wrapping gifts.
- Aid in digital marketing with social media posts and blog posts.
- Participate in inventory tracking, restocking, ordering, and organizing.
- Wrap bouquets and assist in creating floral creations.
- Open and close of the cash register and store, including balancing cash drawers.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding returns and payments, and security practices.
- Recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent/handle these situations.
- Promote events in the store and community.
- Assist with cleaning inside and outside the store, including windows, floors, and displays.
- Run errands as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain a high level of positive customer service.
- Dependable, timely, and productive.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ethical behavior to manage company’s assets and focus on quality.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of activity.
- Ability to adapt.
- Patience with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and all items available in store.
Education and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic retail, customer service, and business administration knowledge
- Relevant product knowledge and training
- General math, Word, Excel, and internet skills, including social media
Pay: $11 per hour, 25% off in-store purchases
- Saturdays, shift from 10-4:15 p.m.
- Additional hours may be available throughout the week and during peak holiday seasons.
- Preference given to candidates who can work year-round, including the school year.