Website Brookings Area Habitat for Humanity
Reports to: Affiliate Operations Director
Office Assistant provides support to the office operations including filing, answering calls and greeting guests, filling out reports, maintaining office cleanliness.
- Answer and screen incoming calls and respond to public inquiries about program requirements, donations of funds and materials; Direct calls to appropriate staff as needed.
- Take and deliver telephone messages, send faxes, scan documents, email, prepare letters, provide reminders of meetings to all participants, make copies, input data into systems, retrieve sort and deliver mail.
- Complete reports to stay in compliance with Habitat for Humanity-International.
- Oversee production of quarterly newsletter and monthly email to homeowners.
- Maintain office calendar, filing systems and general organization of office, office supplies and proper maintenance of office equipment.
- Maintain professional working environment including overseeing office cleanliness.
- Protect confidentiality of all home-buyers, home owners, volunteers, staff, Board, committees, personnel files, business and affiliate records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An understanding of, and enthusiasm for, the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; the ability to communicate with a wide range of people.
- Knowledge of relevant software applications (PC’s, MS Office, Outlook) and social media.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures. 2 years of office experience.
- Highly motivated and results orientated.
- This position requires a background and/or security check, and may be subject to drug screenings.
- Email resume to email@example.com, review begins immediately, open until filled
- Wages determined by qualifications, we do not anticipate hiring above $14/hour
- 20 hours per week. Tuesday and Friday afternoons required
- Anticipated start date: 7/15/2020.
Brookings Area Habitat for Humanity is an equal-opportunity employer. We seek to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all of our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve and National Guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org