Website Rainbow Play Systems, Inc
Candidate is responsible for overseeing the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions and the financial services area including Credit, A/R and A/P.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Directly responsible for closing of monthly financial records.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packages.
- Prepare rolling 12 month forecast and assist in preparation of annual budget.
- Acts as the focal point for Independent Auditors overseeing and ensuring the completion of the quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Is responsible to ensure that credit risk is balanced with business objectives, targets are met and that only valid claims with proper management authorization are paid.
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management (excluding inventory related items).
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions.
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives and US GAAP reporting requirements.
- Supervises the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Will have direct management responsibility of the following: General Accountants , Credit Manager & Accounts Payable/Billing Supervisor
- 5 – 10 years of combined Accounting and Management experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within a manufacturing environment desirable.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting or Business
Role Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Must be able to physically lift 75 lbs.
- Must be able to work at a computer for an extended amount of time.
- Travel may be necessary for distributor meetings or classes/seminars that may be taken.
- The hours worked vary on the workload (Month End Close may require additional hours).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org