Website South Dakota Soybean Processors
Objective: To provide maintenance and repair electrical equipment and machines to minimize downtime.
Essential job functions
1. Troubleshoot control and power circuits, motors, PLC’s.
2. Maintain motor control centers and electrical rooms.
3. Perform the necessary safety checks to maintain the equipment in a safe and efficient condition.
4. Attend seminars and training programs as directed to improve electrical skills and knowledge. Must complete a minimum of 16 hours of continuing education annually.
5. Coordinate repairs with scheduled downtime.
6. Maintain safe levels of spare electrical parts for critical pieces of equipment.
7. Maintain, calibrate, and troubleshoot instruments related to the process.
8. Document and communicate observations of problem areas and potential safety hazards.
9. Basic maintenance functions.
SQF (Safe Quality Food) Compliance
SQF compliance certifies that SDSP’s food safety and quality management system complies with food safety regulations. In turn, our customers are assured that the product has been produced, processed, prepared, and handled according to the highest possible standards.
All Associates are required to comply with SDSP’s food safety program and polices, including but not limited to:
1. Keep all work areas clean.
2. Attend required training to gain knowledge and understanding of the food safety program.
3. Articulate the importance of SQF while performing your daily job duties.
4. Represent self and SDSP through personal appearance. Associate must be well groomed and dressed in clean, neat, safe, and suitable clothing for his/her job per SQF and SDSP policy.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Must have electrical related degree or two (2) years of electrical experience.
3. Must possess or be working towards journeyman’s license.
4. Must possess the ability to communicate both verbally and written
5. Possess basic math skills
6. Must possess skill levels associated with “A”, “B”, and “C” technician.
7. Maintain a safe, positive work attitude. Must be self-motivated and able to work well with others. Must possess willingness to be team member.
8. Willingness to progress through Maintenance levels.
1. Ability to frequently bend, squat, climb, kneel, stand, walk, handle objects, reach above shoulder level, and push/pull
2. Ability to occasionally crawl, sit, and use fine finger movements
3. Ability to frequently carry/lift light to moderate loads of 25-50 lbs. and occasionally carry/lift over 50 lbs.
1. Exposed to excessive noise
2. Works around moving machinery
3. Exposed to marked changes in temperature
4. Exposed to dust
5. Drives motorized equipment
6. Works on or around high structures
7. Occasionally is exposed to fumes and work in confined quarters
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org