Website South Dakota Soybean Processors
Objective: Provide administrative and customer support to the Trader and may occasionally assist others. Responsible for the accurate and timely execution of the entire purchase and sales contracts process from entry to final settlement. Responsible for accurately inputting trades, generating reports, troubleshooting to resolve issues, and providing customer service to buyers and sellers.
Essential job functions
1. Assist Trader with documenting daily trading of commodities, data entry into computer to record quantity, cost, delivery, and billing information. Provides futures reconciliation and verification of trader’s daily and monthly positions.
2. Generate sales invoices and settlement checks on a daily basis. Review and assist in the collection of accounts receivable as needed.
3. Provide logistical support for commodity shipments by rail or truck. May include supplying and billing of equipment, tracing rail cars, troubleshooting delivery issues, and payment of freight.
4. Provide assistance to customers in resolving commodity, freight, accounting, and other issues.
5. Utilize computer programs to maintain purchases, sales, futures, transportation, freight variances, and daily position reports.
SQF (Safe Quality Food) Compliance
SQF compliance certifies that SDSP’s food safety and quality management system complies with food safety regulations. In turn, our customers are assured that the product has been produced, processed, prepared, and handled according to the highest possible standards.
All Associates are required to comply with SDSP’s food safety program and polices, including, but not limited to:
1. Keep all work areas clean.
2. Attend required training to gain knowledge and understanding of the food safety program.
3. Articulate the importance of SQF while performing your daily job duties.
4. Represent self and SDSP through personal appearance. Associate must be well groomed and dressed in clean, neat, safe, and suitable clothing for his/her job per SQF and SDSP policy.
1. Degree in Ag. Business or related field preferred
1. Ability to bend, squat, climb, kneel, sit, stand, and walk frequently throughout the day. Work may require travel, evening, and weekend work.
1. Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com